Monday, December 30, 2013

Bruschetta with Pear and Gorgonzola

 After discovering this little delightful snack at a wine bar, I had to make a version of my own.





So I started by making some orange infused honey.  Zest an orange and combine with honey in a double boiler.


Next, I sliced up the bread.  I wanted it to be crispy and golden brown.  So I toasted it with some butter and a little sugar in my cast iron skillet.  It was a little crispy on the edges, but I kind of like that. It adds character.


Next, I added the toppings.  Peel and slice the pear and place on top the toast.  Then add sprinkles of Gorgonzola cheese crumbles.

Then I baked it in the oven until it was warm and melty.  To finish it off, I drizzled it with the orange honey and sprinkled a little salt to balance out the sweetness.


And, of course, enjoy with a glass of wine.  Ta da!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Theresa! I'm so excited to improve my cooking through your blog!

    ReplyDelete