Saturday, January 17, 2015

Strawberry Salad


I stole this salad idea.  I won't say where I stole it from, because to be honest, mine was waaaaay better than the place I get this salad from.  If you advertise a salad as having mint and feta, it should really have mint and feta.  Otherwise I just get angry that I spent $7 on a salad which didn't have the mint, part of the whole reason I order this particular salad in the first place and that I waited nearly 2 hours for it to be delivered to me.  Then I have to go home and recreate the salad myself. No more giving my money to that establishment, I'll just make it myself!

To start, I created a white balsamic vinaigrette. Its 1/2 cup of olive oil, 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar, 3 tablespoons of honey, a dash or two of garlic powder, a dash or two of dried basil, a dash or two of dried oregano, some sea salt, and some fresh ground pepper.  Mix that up and let it sit so the flavors meld.


Then I made some candied walnuts:  Cook 1/4 cup sugar, 1 cup walnuts, and a tablespoon of butter over medium heat.  Stir constantly because once the sugar starts to melt things get a little sticky.
 
I took my salad mix - a spring mix with spinach and I added small pieces of bacon, fresh sliced strawberries, fresh mint, diced red onion, and topped with feta.
Sooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment